January 8, 2013

1.2 //I have greasy hair

//Confession: I have greasy hair.

I don't like to wash my hair, call me lazy but I avoid it. Some of you might think this is weird or gross, and others don't care. That's fine, click the x in the upper right hand corner (after you bookmark and/or follow me, of course) and come back for the next post.

For the rest of you, I assume you've stayed because, like me, feel a nagging discord at the thought of lather-rinse-blow dry-repeat. Besides that it is bad for your hair, especially when trying to grow your hair longer, it's time consuming.  I am a natural blond with super fine hair. My hair dries stick straight and can look greasy by the end of the day.

Overtime, (two years of failing to grow my hair longer) I have learned a few tricks of the trade to keep my hair healthy and me happy.

1. Baby powder. 

It's a must-have, inexpensive, all natural dry shampoo. Apply a bit at the roots, turn your head upside down and use your fingers to distribute it. This saves my life. I use it morning, before bed, whenever I see shine I don't like. Not into the white powder thing? Try these colored all natural shampoo powders.

2. Dryer sheet. 

In the winter, I carry one of these in my purse; it's that bad. If you have fine or thin hair and have static issues, just rub it on your hair to keep the fly aways in check. (You may need this after putting baby powder in your hair.)

3. The Sock Bun. 

Greasy hair is no match for my baby powder/sock bun combo. Insta'chic and super easy (with a couple of practice runs).


Image: Primp & Wear
Check out detailed steps here or watch this video for help.

4. Waves.

It may be cliche but I have always loved wavy or curly hair, probably because mine isn't, either way this 'do saves me. I use a wrap and wave iron at night, wake up, add product or baby powder, and go. It's a two day minimum hairstyle for me, and only takes 20-30 minutes.




 Patience and creativity may be needed but I love not having to style so often. Try the no 'poo revolution or be like me and skip a wash or two.  When was the last time I shampoo'd? This is one secret I don't mind keeping. 

Greasyhairdontcare.//